Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1st and summer finally feels like it's here. The rain has momentarily stopped and Lantallack bluebells are sparkling beautifully in the afternoon sunshine.

Something rather special landed on a bunch of flowers I picked from down in the wood last week. An orange-tip butterfly landed on one of the bluebells and stayed with me for the half mile journey back to the house, only moving from bluebell to Campion, but remaining with me on my bumpy hand-held ride back home. After a couple of photo shots of showing his amazing camouflaged wings he took his leave and fluttered back down the valley to the river and a patch of Lady's Smock.

It's moments like this that make me feel as though one of nature's lucky charms has been with me and although I didn't win the lottery on Saturday, it's nice to think about what a butterfly symbolises; new life from an old one. Let's hope it means sunshine after the showers on this first of May day!

Amazing camouflage!
A friendly flutterby charm
Finally he opened his wings.... and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment